A colleague asked me yesterday why I hadn't forgotten about my daughter by now, is that what people really expect?
Could any mum ever forget 16 years of love?
Ask any mum in our situation how they feel and I'm sure they will tell you the same......you never give up hope!
Hope that one day your loving child will appear at the door, hope that the nightmare will be over, hope that the family will be truly happy again and most of all hope that the perpetrator is punished for his crimes.
Of course we will never be able to turn back time, some things have changed for good, physical things and emotional. For those of us left behind have changed, our lives have not panned out the way we had planned and the future remains very uncertain. But what of our daughter, what has happened to her life? We know that her man/boyfriend/pimp (call him what you will) has prevented the authorities from seeing her.we know that he has driven a wedge between her and her friends & family.We know that she has lost the opportunity to complete her education and yes sadly we know that she has been introduced to street drugs.
The door is always open, but how do we convey that message to her when we are not able to speak to her, hopefully the IP address in Bristol will log onto this blog again this week.
The rabbit hutch has now gone,the garden looks even more lonely,the house has lost its sparkle,
the grandparents have lost their only granddaughter.
Perhaps time heals all wounds as people say, but these wounds run deep and time isn't something that is in abundance for everyone.
So my love, if you read this, please take note-
Your family will always love you, no matter what,
You will NEVER be forgotten,
The door is always open,you just need to shout,
Please don't be a stranger, get in touch,
I long for you to be knocking at the door to say can I come in,
Rather than the police asking us to identify a body.
There is help out there for you,
Please just ask,
If it's the last thing I ever do,
I will fight for justice until the bitter end
I Love you babes & always will
Sunday, 20 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment