Sunday, 27 January 2008

Cotton wool

I was physically sick yesterday with worry, I doubt anyone noticed why.
My son had arranged to go to the local shopping centre with mates, old enough to be trusted and buses reliable why should I worry?

This time last year my daughter did the same thing,the only problem is that she wasn't with mates as she had promised, instead she had met up with a man who it turns out had a history of grooming young girls. It has now been nearly 10 months since we saw her, the odd meeting to the local shopping centre soon became much more worrying, days turned into weeks her behaviour and attitude to life changing completely.
I will never understand how someone can gain so much control over a girl who was so independant and free thinking, we are still left with so many unanswered questions.

My loving son returned home as promised before 6pm, happy with his day of independance.
My nerves now calmed I know I can't wrap him in cotton wool, it doesn't stop me from giving him the biggest hug imaginable.

When I look at him I often wonder what his sister would say, would she recognise him now, what would she think to his style of dress, his new taste in music, I hope that one day soon we will all find out.

1 comment:

Isabelle said...

These ordinary things, like letting your children go to the local shopping centre will never been the same anymore, the crippelling fear will be there all the time..until the wound is healed and hopefully that will be when your daughter will be home where she belongs..Safe and secure!